Spain - Apply Now
Study international business in Spain this January!
Spain in 2016
January 10-16, 2016
Scholarship Application Deadline: October 15, 2015
Program Application Deadline: November 1, 2015
Payment Deadline: November 1, 2015
Professor Narbeli Galindo, is a teaching instructor with an MBA from Thunderbird School of Global Management. While at UMKC she has taught international business and finance classes. She has extensive experience living and working overseas in more than 25 countries.
Contact: Professor Galindo.
Located on the Mediterranean Sea, Barcelona is a tourism, cultural and economic center. Barcelona is also the capital of the autonomous region of Catalonia. Antoni Gaudi's unfinished church of the Sagrada Familia is a popular Barcelona landmark. Barcelona is home to six other UNESCO World Heritage Sites. A number of companies related to the European automotive industry, textiles and apparel are located in Barcelona.
Students are responsible for the following program costs:
- $700 deposit* to be submitted with the program application. The deposit, less $100, is refundable until accommodations must be finalized (around November 1). If an application is rejected, the entire deposit will be refunded. This deposit covers accommodations and some local transportation
- 3 hours tuition (this class will be part of the spring 2016 semester)
- International airfare to/from Barcelona
- Meals in Barcelona
- Local transportation costs
- Miscellaneous expenses including entry fees to cultural sites
- Passport costs, if you do not have a passport already
- University-required HTH health insurance
*Due to currency fluctuations and rising prices, students may be required to pay additional funds prior to the trip.
Dates To Know
5:30-6:45pm - BEH 212 Orientation session (This first session will provide program and trip overview as well as an opportunity for participants to meet).
5:30-8:30pm - BEH Course expectations/Background on Spain
5:30-8:30pm - BEH Spanish culture, government, economic status/backgrounds/ more trip details
5:30-8:30pm - BEH Spanish Corporations/ Presentations
at 5:00pm - Spain Course ends in Barcelona