The Executive Master of Public Administration (E.M.P.A.) is an advanced degree program designed to enable talented public service professionals to advance their careers as entrepreneurial and innovative leaders and executives. The E.M.P.A. is designed for those who already have significant career experience in government, health or nonprofit agencies. With a focus on executive leadership in the public, nonprofit and health care sectors, the E.M.P.A. provides specialized executive education for individuals with proven professional experience.
This program will:
- Prepare experienced public service professionals to effectively lead and manage in the diverse and complex world of public service organizations, building their capacity for critical and disciplined analysis and thought
- Deliver learning experiences that are sophisticated, practical and applied with the rigor that experienced professionals and managers need to succeed
- Integrate the core of the M.P.A. curriculum with special elements of other Bloch executive education programs (such as entrepreneurship) to create a synergistic learning experience that is relevant to the full continuum of organizational settings
- Enable students to strengthen their unique skills and abilities through the teaching of experienced world-class faculty and the support of experienced advisors and executive coaches
Support Systems for Learning
- Specialized immersion seminars: Executive Leadership, Program Evaluation & Performance Assessment, the Capstone Experience, and Washington D.C. residency
- Nationally recognized faculty and coaches who bring the best in research, practice and consultation into the classroom and learning labs
- Structured networking and mentoring relationships with senior officials, consultants and executives that have extensive experience at all levels of nonprofit and governmental service, including many Bloch alumni
- Course designs that tap the insights and expertise that the students themselves, all experienced in the world of public service, bring to the program.
- Individualized executive coaching relationships for every student
- Tailored team learning and skill-application service projects and initiatives
- Special professional development opportunities with the Bloch School’s Midwest Center for Nonprofit Leadership, a nationally-recognized leadership development and research center that works directly with public service organizations throughout Kansas City and the region