Application for 2016 Admission Requirements
Thank you for your interest in the Bloch Executive M.P.A. The Bloch Executive M.P.A. admissions committee will only act on completed applications (see below). Our priority acceptance deadline is January 9, 2016. We will review and make admittance decisions by the end of January for those who apply before the priority acceptance deadline. This allows students to make the FEBRUARY deadline for most scholarships and fellowships. Our final application cutoff deadline is July 1, 2016. Please note: Applications are accepted any time during the year for the following fall semester start, but you are encouraged to apply by the priority deadline. However, if your completed application is not received by the priority deadline we cannot guarantee an admission decision for the next E.M.P.A. class. A completed application includes the following:
Official transcripts from each college or university attended must be sent directly from the college or university registrar to the Bloch Executive M.P.A. program office at the address listed below. If you have attended a college or university under a different name, ask the registrar to note the name change on your transcript or in a letter.
The application form must be accompanied by $50 in the form of a check or money order that is payable to the UMKC Bloch Executive M.P.A. program at the address listed below. The application fee is nonrefundable.
A resume is needed for us to process your application.
This essay (500 - 1000 words) will help the admissions committee understand your motivation for applying to the Bloch Executive M.P.A. program.
- A narrative summary of career progression including experience in the management of people, projects or budgets.
- Your personal and professional objectives and how the Executive M.P.A. program can help you achieve those objectives.
- How your education and employment experience demonstrates your preparedness for an executive program.
Letters of recommendation (three) sent directly to the Executive M.P.A. program office
- An employer nomination/support letter:
One recommendation letter from your current manager or supervisor offering nomination and support for your participation in the E.M.P.A. program, including a statement that if you are accepted in the Executive M.P.A. program, you will not be required by the organization to miss regularly scheduled meetings of the program.
- Additional professional letters:
Two letters of reference from other business associates, such as a previous supervisor, CEO or board member from outside your organization.
- Letters of recommendation should include the following:
- The length of time the respondent has known you and under what circumstances
- A detailed description of the effectiveness of your job performance
- The skills you have demonstrated on the job in projects and assignments
- Your potential as a manager
- Your leadership capabilities
- Qualities that you can bring to the program
- Any additional comments about your potential for success in a rigorous and demanding graduate program of study
Please ask your contacts to submit the recommendations on organization letterhead directed to “To Whom It May Concern.” The letters should include the signature and the phone, fax or email address of the recommender. The letters may be sent to the mailing address below or emailed.
You must provide a photocopy of one of the following acceptable documents: (If a resident alien, you must provide I-551 card and domestic issued driver’s license)
- Any domestic state issued driver’s license
- U.S. birth certificate
- U.S. passport (valid or expired)
- Certificate of birth abroad
- I-551 card (resident alien card)
- Certificate of naturalization