Henry W. Bloch Executive Hall for
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
In 2012, The University of Missouri-Kansas City and the Henry W. Bloch School of Management broke ground on the Bloch School’s new facility, the Henry W. Bloch Executive Hall for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, which will stand adjacent to the current Bloch School building.
The building will house graduate, executive and entrepreneurship programs. BNIM Architects is designing the building, and construction is by JE Dunn Construction.
Inspired by travel to, and observations of, some of the world’s most innovative workspaces, the university’s leadership and architectural team’s goal is to create state-of-the-art space architecture. The design of the building itself aligns with innovative teaching techniques that will further elevate the Bloch School as a world leader in educating and training future generations of leaders in entrepreneurship, innovation and business management.
Unlike any other management school facility in the world, the new Bloch building will feature:
- Design-led innovation lab for brainstorming, simulation, concept design and ideation and prototyping
- Flexible classrooms for participative learning
- Center atrium and amphitheater
- Behavioral research lab for academic and funded research projects
- 200-seat auditorium
- Finance lab and classroom where students can experience real-time financial market conditions